Fort Myers Accident Lawyer
You will be overwhelmed not only with emotions but also complex Florida insurance laws if you or a loved one is involved in a car accident In Fort Myers. Insurance companies are always going to try and pay you as little as possible even if you or a loved one are involved in a serious accident. In fact, after an accident, insurance companies may try to trick you into signing settlements before you even see a lawyer. An experienced Fort Myers car accident lawyer can answer your entire insurance related questions, and help you understand your legal rights. Your attorney knows how insurance companies behave, and has the skills necessary to negotiate with them on your behalf.
Car Insurance Laws In Florida
In an auto accident case the following types of insurance come into play:
- Property Damage Coverage: The damage or total loss to your car may be paid for either by the property damage coverage of the other driver or your own damage insurance coverage.
- Personal injury or No Fault protection: Regardless of who was at fault in the car accident, the first $10,000 of your medical bills is covered by your own auto insurance.
- Bodily injury coverage: This insurance coverage can be used to compensate victims that have been struck by a negligent driver or injured as a passenger. Compensation may come in the form or money damages.
If the at-fault driver does not have bodily injury coverage to compensate you for your injury claim, uninsured coverage may be obtained as additional coverage to compensate you. In Florida, you do not have to purchase uninsured motorist coverage.
Important Steps To Take After A Car Accident
What you do after a car accident can determine the outcome of your case. To give you a better chance of winning do the following immediately after an accident:
- Exchange car insurance information and call the police
- Take photos of the vehicle damage and your injuries
- Get medical care even if you feel fine after an accident
- Contact an experience Fort Myers car accident lawyer
Do not give a statement to any insurance company until you see a lawyer.
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Bus Accident Lawyer
- Shoulder Injuries in Auto Accidents
- Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer
Proof In A Car Accident Case
You will need to prove the other driver was at-fault and that the damages you suffered resulted directly from that car accident. Here is where you car accident lawyer will launch an investigation that involves several important steps. These include;
- Obtaining EMS and Medical records
- Identifying and interviewing witnesses
- Obtaining accident report from the investigating police agency
- Taking photos of the crash scenes for physical evidence
- Obtaining all photos of your injuries
- Identification of all possible at-fault parties
Your lawyer will continue with the investigation even as your case proceeds in court. Sometimes lawyers hire experts to aid with the investigation for purposes of effective presentation in court. For example, a lawyer may hire a reconstruction expert to help explain the events that that lead to the collision, and who was at fault.